Feb 13, 2018
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow! If you don’t have plans, here are some fun things to try out that are a little less conventional than dinner and a movie. Grab your date – or some friends and enjoy events throughout the week / weekend!
1. For the active couples: Grab your skates… ice skates, roller skates or both! Here are some fun places to get your skate on over the next few days:
Feb. 14th, 8-11pm Adult Mix at Aurora Skate Center (Aurora) – An 18 and over evening of skating, faster paced skating offering all genres of music. Requests encouraged!
Feb. 16th, 7-11pm Mix Music Skate at Funway (Batavia) – A night geared toward teens at up, this could be a fun evening for couples to “feel young again”!
2. For the couples who love a challenge: Try an escape room at Chef Brothers Pizza (Oswego) – Get lost with your favorite person… and then try to find your way out! Tickets include a heart-shaped pizza, drinks for two (wine or soft drinks) and a 30 minute escape room challenge.
3. For the couples who want to look suave on the dance floor: Join a couples dance class.
Feb. 14th, 6:30-8pm Valentine’s Day “Dirty Dancing” Party (Chicago) – Learn a fun Dirty Dance routines and some basic dance steps (including some salsa!) and have the time of your life!
Feb. 14th, 8:30-10pm Valentine’s Day “La La Land” Dance Party (Chicago) – An evening inspired by the romantic Academy Award winning movie, La La Land. Learn to Waltz and a fun routine inspired by the movie and feel like Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling!
4. For the intellectual, history buffs: Participate in a murder mystery!
Feb. 14th, 6:30-9:30pm Valentine’s Day Speakeasy and Murder Mystery (Chicago) – Become a part of history as you try to solve the mystery of the death of John Jones. Guests are encouraged to dress and act the part and possibly walk away with an inheritance!
5. For the car enthusiasts: Visit the Chicago Auto Show! (Chicago) – Discounted tickets on Groupon! Over 1000 vehicles on display and over 36 manufacturers represented at the Nation’s largest car show! Now – Feb. 18, 10am-10pm & Feb. 19th, 10am-8pm.
6. …And if you can’t get enough of those fancy cars that you saw at the car show… Rent one of your favorites through Turo! (Chicago) – Many makes / models of vehicles are available in the Chicagoland area including BMWs, Lexus, Mercedes, Mazeratis, Jaguars, Rolls-Royces, Teslas and more! Fun for a romantic date night or for a much needed weekend getaway!
7. For the sweet tooth: Chocolate Tour (Chicago) – Even if you’re single, this could be just what you’re looking for! Feb. 17th, noon-2:30pm. Each tour visits the best Chicago chocolatiers, with tastings and specials at each.
8. For those feeling particularly lonely: Another Sad Love Song Karaoke (Chicago) – Feb. 14th, 9-11pm. Drown in your sorrows with “Songs of Heartbreak and Longing” in a karaoke session that will unite you with like minded others on this “day of love”. No doubt, this will still turn into a night of laughter and fun!
Whether eating a heart-shaped pizza, or singing the blues, grab your significant other or a group of friends – and have a blast this Valentine’s Day!